The gallery in now closed

You'll notice that the gallery in Newtonmore has now closed and therefore I have decided that the blog relating to it doesn't need to be updated. If you'd like to know what I'm up to as an artist then you can click on the link on the right for my own blog, thanks!

Tuesday 15 January 2013

work in progress - step by step





So this is what I've been up to at the gallery while it's quiet.  Finally have got round to doing some sketches of a wee house up the glen in Newtonmore.  It's funny, every picture that I've ever done while listening or watching something, that something is always remembered when I look at the picture again, so whenever I look at this one I will always remember Fred MacCaulay talking about his favourite food!  Tomorrow I should be able to finish off the background then add some paper for colour and texture, what I'd like to know is if you like it finished off tidily or left with a few loose wires? Personally I like unfinished work, this allows the viewer gets a better understanding of what the making process is all about, I'd like to hear your views?

No comments:

Post a Comment