The gallery in now closed

You'll notice that the gallery in Newtonmore has now closed and therefore I have decided that the blog relating to it doesn't need to be updated. If you'd like to know what I'm up to as an artist then you can click on the link on the right for my own blog, thanks!

Monday 13 January 2014

Gallery closing

It is with some sadness but gladness too that I make the announcement that The Black Rock Gallery will be closing it's doors in Newtonmore in mid February 2014.  My family and I are relocating to live in Thurso and will be moving in the coming months.  Sad to be moving away but glad to be moving nearer my home town.  I would like to take this opportunity to thank each and every person who has entered the gallery to say hello, have a look around, those who have bought something big or small, those who have commissioned me to make something special for them and those who have trusted me to repair their favourite possessions! Those of you who have come to one of my workshops and spent the day with me, I can safely say it has been a pleasure spending time with you who have taken the plunge to try something new and discovered you are able to make things out of metal when you thought it would be difficult!

What I have found in this last year is that it is so important to show your support for local businesses; a phrase that is banded about a lot, so much so that we don't register it anymore; but even just by popping in to say hello and look around is a huge boost for someone who takes the risk of setting up a new business and appreciates the support. It may be a place that you don't think is relevant to you but I know that I am now more aware of using the facilities that are on offer locally. I personally notice who comes in to the gallery and especially those who visit more than once and for that reason I am happy to give more discounts and extra work for those people, I'm sure this is the case with other businesses too!

It is my intention to continue on in some form or other with The Black Rock Gallery when we relocate to Thurso, but for the moment I am concentrating on making the website more user friendly. Those of you who have still to use your workshop tokens - I have two spaces available on Wednesday 29th January, other than that you can contact me to book a day between now and mid February, if you can't manage before then, I am happy to refund you your token value if you post the token back to me, please email me first to get the postal address.

No comments:

Post a Comment